As a dedicated owner, you want to do everything in your power to keep your Siamese cat safe! Understandably, you don’t feel comfortable letting your Siamese go outside freely, and you might want to consider investing in the best harness for Siamese cats.
Siamese cats are highly curious and adventurous and may try to slip out of the harness in the middle of the walk, leaving you to chase after them. The main issue here is that not all harnesses are the right match for Siamese cats and you risk losing too much if you pick the wrong model.
To help you avoid the worst-case scenario, we tried and tested countless products to find the five best harnesses for Siamese cats.
Let’s take a look at our top picks, shall we?
Best Harnesses For Siamese Cats Reviewed
Below, you will find in-depth reviews of the five best harnesses for Siamese cats available on the market. We’ve included pros, cons, and key features of each harness to help you decide which one is perfect for your Siamese cat.
Best Overall – Heywean Cat Harness and Leash
Made to be secure and durable, the Mynwood Cat Harness features an escape-proof design which makes it the best choice for active and energetic Siamese cats.
- Machine washable
- Triple sewn
- 360° wrap-around chest back
Made to be secured and comfortable, this harness fastens around the neck and chest with long Velcro straps. Designed as a kitty jacket, this harness is lightweight and comfortable, but most importantly completely escape-proof.
- Made of durable materials and suitable for regular use
- 360° wrap-around chest back increases security during walks
- Machine washable and easy to clean
- Designed to be secure and escape-proof
- A few owners had troubles getting their cats into the harness
- Stock availability seems a bit of a problem – you may need to pre-order/reserve in advance to get one
Overall, made to be comfortable and secure, the Mynwood Cat Harness is the ideal choice for adult Siamese cats.
Runner Up – Kitty Holster Cat Harness
The Kitty Holster Cat Harness is made from soft, yet durable material and comes in several different sizes and cute color designs.
- Cotton lining
- Secure closures
- Jacket design
Made to fit 9” to 12” neck and 13” to 17” chest girt, this soft and durable cat vest harness fits comfortably and won’t chafe your Siamese cat. The D-ring is easy to attach to any cat leash and the harness is made in a way that discourages cats from taking it off in the middle of a walk.
- Lightweight and doesn’t restrict natural movements
- Made from soft materials that won’t scrape
- Ideal for escape artists
- Comes in several sizes
- A few owners reported that the area around the neck can be a bit too wide
Overall, the Kitty Holster Cat Harness is a great choice if you are looking for a lightweight and secure harness for your Siamese cat.
Best Budget Harness Option – Rabitgoo Cat Harness
The Rabitgoo Cat Harness is a great choice if you are searching for a durable and comfortable cat harness while on a tight budget.
- Breathable air mesh
- Two side buckles
- Adjustable straps
This mesh style cat harness features two side buckles and four adjustable straps for a comfortable and secure fit. The metal D-ring on the back attaches to any leash and the harness has reflective stitching which will make your Siamese kitty clearly visible during evening walks.
- Fully adjustable and grows with your Siamese
- The reflective stitching keeps cats visible in low light
- Breathable air-mesh increases comfort in all weather conditions
- Comes in two sizes and three different colors
- A few owners reported that their cats managed to slip out of this harness
Overall, the Rabitgoo Cat Harness is an affordable and adjustable harness that will grow with your Siamese cat and keep her visible during evening walks.
Best For Daily Walks – Eagloo Cat Harness
The Eagloo Cat Harness comes in two sizes and different colors and can be used for kittens and adult cats for regular walks in any weather conditions.
- Double stitching
- Adjustable and easy to use
- Reflective stripes
Made from lightweight and breathable materials, this secure cat harness is designed to prevent injuries and won’t chafe your Siamese no matter how hard she pulls. Quick-release buckles on the chest make putting it on and taking it off feel like a breeze, and you can always adjust straps for a perfect fit.
- Breathable mesh material is ideal for warmer weather
- Reflective strips keep cats visible in low light
- Fully adjustable and easy to put on and take off
- Metal D-ring gives you full control over your Siamese cat
- A few owners reported that their cats managed to take the harness off – not ideal!
Overall, the Eagloo Cat Harness is a great option for adult Siamese cats who are already used to wearing a harness and enjoy going for walks.
Best Escape Proof Cat Harness – Kooltail Cat Harness And Leash
The Kooltail Cat Harness And Leash is a great choice if you are looking for a vest style escape-proof cat harness that comes with a leash.
- Two D-rings
- Velcro straps
Featuring a soft suede surface, this breathable cat harness will keep your Siamese cat warm and comfortable at the same time. Strong Velcro on the neck and chest prevents cats from taking the harness off in the middle of the walk and makes it secure.
- Two sturdy D-rings give you better control during walks
- The soft suede is warm and comfortable to wear
- The jacket style allows natural movements
- Comes in three sizes – small, medium, and large
- A few owners reported that their cats needed time to get used to this harness
Overall, the Kooltail Cat Harness And Leash is affordably priced and comfortable cat harness that comes with a leash for long daily walks.
Read Also:The 5 Best Brushes For Siamese Cats
What To Look For In The Best Harness For Siamese Cats?
When it comes to choosing the best harness for your Siamese cat you should look for one that fits and keeps your Siamese cat safe outside. A good harness shouldn’t restrict your Siamese’s movements and needs to be secure enough so your Siamese won’t be able to slip away.
Here are a few things you should look for:
- Shape: There are two basic types of cat harnesses, H-shaped that look more like vests and 8-shaped harnesses that have straps.
When it comes to Siamese cats, a vest style harness is always a better option. These harnesses fit better and distribute the pulling force over the entire body, thus preventing choking.
- Escape Proof: Being highly intelligent and agile, most Siamese cats will figure out how to slip out of a harness during a walk and get lost. Thus, you should look for specially made escape-proof harnesses that can’t be taken off, no matter how hard your kitty tries.
- Durable: You should look for cat harnesses that are made from high-quality durable materials that won’t come apart after just a few walks. Generally, you should look for double or triple stitching, steel D-rings, and strong buckles.
- Comfortable: While they are more adept to getting used to regular walks, your Siamese cat may not enjoy them if the harness chafes or restricts her movements. Look for cat vests that are made from soft and breathable materials that are lightweight and won’t irritate your Siamese’s skin. Furthermore, make sure that the neck opening is large enough so it won’t scrape or choke your Siamese during a walk.
How To Train Your Siamese Cat To Wear A Harness?
While they generally like to go out for walks, your Siamese will have to be properly trained to get used to wearing a harness. Keep in mind that patience is the key when it comes to training your Siamese cat!
Here are some tips on how to harness train your Siamese:
Start indoors by putting a harness on your Siamese cat and giving her a treat. Leave the harness on for a few minutes and reward your Siamese for good behavior. Repeat this several times a day for several days leaving the harness on for longer every time.
Play with your Siamese cat while she has the harness on to get her used to walking while wearing it. Use treats and praise to reward good behavior.
Once your Siamese is completely comfortable with the harness you can attach the leash on. At first, do this for just a few minutes every day and gradually increase the time just like you did when you first started with the harness.
When your Siamese is completely at ease while wearing a harness and a leash you can take her to your backyard for a few minutes.
Take your Siamese in the garden several times a day to help her get used to all the different sounds and the concept of walking outside with a harness.
Once it seems that your Siamese is completely used to everything you can try going for a real walk! Start with a very short walk on your street avoiding traffic and loud noises that can scare your Siamese. As your Siamese cat becomes more confident you can increase the duration of walks and go exploring different neighborhoods together!
In Summary – What Is The Best Harness For Siamese Cats
Highly energetic and agile, Siamese cats need a lot of exercise, and taking your kitty for a walk is a great way to keep her in good shape. Letting your Siamese out and hoping for the best isn’t something you’ll want to do, so you should consider investing in the best harness for Siamese cats.
Although all five harnesses reviewed above will work, the Mynwood Cat Harness is the absolute best you can get for your Siamese cat.
But if you are looking for something a bit more affordable, the Rabitgoo Cat Harness can be a great alternative. And if you want something in between, you can’t go wrong by buying the Kitty Holster Cat Harness for your Siamese cat.
Ultimately, whichever you choose, you can rest assured that your Siamese cat will stay safe and have a great time exploring the outdoors during your next walk!